ICT-FAX is a unique and complete faxing solution with billing featuring T.38 support, Email2Fax, Web2Fax,
Fax2Email and Billing.
2: Install Basic System Requirements
1. CentOs 6
2. Apache 2
3. MySQL 5
4. PHP 5.3.3
To install above requirements issue following commands at shell prompt
- Code: Select all
yum -y install httpd mysql-server mysql mysql-devel
yum -y install php php-common php-cli php-gd php-imap php-curl php-mysql
yum -y install perl perl-DBD-mysql
yum -y install ghostscript ImageMagick poppler-utils curl sendmail sendmail-cf
following dependencies are required for Freeswitch installations
- Code: Select all
yum -y install git make
also install yudit for text to pdf support
- Code: Select all
tar xzf yudit-2.9.2.tar.gz
before continue, make sure that MySQL and Apache is running
- Code: Select all
chkconfig httpd on
chkconfig mysqld on
service httpd start
service mysqld start
3: Freeswitch Installation
ICTFax is based on Plivo Framework.
So you need to setup and run freeswitch provided by Plivo.org.
Instructions on how to install Freeswitch are given
at http://www.plivo.org/get-started/ and repeated here for your convenience:
* Download and run the FreeSWITCH installer on your system
Note: Currently, this installer is tested on CentOS > 5.5 and Debian-based distros.
# wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/plivo/plivoframework ... install.sh
# chmod +x install.sh
* Run FreeSWITCH
Run in Foreground
Run in Background
# ./usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -nc
Setup and Run Plivo Framework
Locate the folder "plivo-devel" in the extracted ICTFax directory.
1. Stop plivo service (if any) and clear /usr/local/plivo
2. Copy and Paste plivo-devel folder in /usr/
3. Go to /usr/plivo-devel and Run plivo_install.sh using following command:
5. Go to /usr/local/plivo/bin directory and Run plivo service using the following command:
NOTE: There may be some errors while starting plivo cache server. But make sure that plivo default server is running.
1. Go to /usr/local/plivo/etc/plivo/default.conf
2. Enable EXTRA_FS_VARS by removing # before it.
3. Set variable in plivo config as EXTRA_FS_VARS = variable_duration
4. Set Incoming DEFAULT_ANSWER_URL, DEFAULT_HANGUP_URL
DEFAULT_ANSWER_URL = http://127.0.0.1/ictfax/index.php?q=ictfax/receive_fax
DEFAULT_HANGUP_URL = http://127.0.0.1/ictfax/index.php?q=ict ... ax_billing
Modify above urls according to your installation settings.
Don't forget to remove “#” sign before DEFAULT_HANGUP_URL and EXTRA_FS_VARS.
4: ICT FAX Installation
* Database Installation:
Create "ictfax" database in mysql (Run 'CREATE DATABASE ictfax' query on mysql)
4.2: Frontend / Web GUI
Locate the folder "wwwroot" in the extracted ICTFAX directory.
Rename this folder to ictfax and copy-paste it to /usr directory.
1. Create a symbolic link for /usr/ictfax in /var/www/html
ln -s /usr/ictfax /var/www/html/ictfax
2. Now visit http://DOMAIN.COM/ictfax
and follow the installation instructions for
ICTFax (drupal based) front end installation.
3. Once you are done with installation, visit the website and login as site administrator with username and password
that you provided during installation.
4. Locate the folder "ictpbx" in the extracted ICTFAX directory. Copy it and move it to /usr/ictfax/sites/all/modules.
5. Now comeback to Web GUI and go to Modules menu and enable all modules in "ICTPBX System" Package.
6. Now you'll see menu item Fax Account, ICTPBX System and others in your Navigation Menu.
5: Email to FAX / FAX to Email service (optional)
1. make sure that your desired domain's MX records are properly configured for email2fax server.
2. install sendmail service and enable sendmail service at startup.
2a. Also make sure you have created linux user "freeswitch".
3. enable sendmail to listen on public ip address look for following line in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
4. and change line mentioned above into
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Addr=0.0.0.0, Name=MTA')dnl
5. apply changes
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
6. Add freeswitch to list of trusted user
echo "freeswitch" >> /etc/mail/trusted-users
7. Add your domain name in allowed local domain list to let sendmail receive mails for that domain
echo "FAX_DOMAIN.COM" >> /etc/mail/local-host-names
8. route all mails for none-existing addresses into freeswitch mailbox so we can receive emails for addresses like xyz_number@FAX_DOMAIN.COM
echo '@FAX_DOMAIN.COM freeswitch' >> /etc/mail/virtusertable
makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable < /etc/mail/virtusertable
9. grant proper permission to apache user on mail folder
chmod +t /var/spool/mail
10. restart sendmail service so changes can take affect
service sendmail restart
11. login at ictfax web interface as admin (ictfax)[[BR]]
12. goto administrator => mailhandler => Add Mailbox and set following fields
E-mail address: fax@FAX_DOMAIN.COM
POP3 or IMAP Mailbox: IMAP
Mailbox domain: *** must be empty ***
Security: Require password (leave empty if you haven't set already)
Delete messages after they are processed?: TICK / Yes
13. setup cronjob so incoming email can be processed after every 5 minutes
echo 'MAILTO=""' > /tmp/freeswitch_cron.txt
echo "*/5 * * * * wget -O /dev/null 'http://FAX_DOMAIN.COM/cron.php?cron_key=your_key' 2>/dev/null" >> /tmp/freeswitch_cron.txt
crontab -l >> /tmp/freeswitch_cron.txt
14. You can find your cron url by logging in at your web interface as admin. Go to Reports -> Status Reports.
Copy your Cron URL and paste at the above URL and then run above lines at the command prompt.
NOTE: make sure that /etc/hosts.allow is properly configured for accepting mails, and
smtp port (25) is not blocked by firewall. if so Add following line to
/etc/sysconfig/iptables above the last reject/drop rule:
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 25 -j ACCEPT
Also DO NOT enable CLEAN URLS, because plivo has been configured to use default URLS.
15. Create a content type "fax" with three additional fields "to" of type text, "from" of type text" and "file" of type file.
Go to Admin => Structure => Feeds Importer => Mailhandler nodes. Click Override and then in Processor field make sure Fax Processor is selected. Click Mapping in fax processor. Make sure that your to, from and file fields are correctly mapped to toaddress, fromaddress and attachments respectively.
16. Now you are ready to send faxes through your email. See Admin/User Guide for further details.