ICTFAX Installation documentation

Post queries and issues that you found during ictfax installation

Re: ICTFAX Installation documentation

Postby falak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

Hi,

You can find the "ictpbx" modules (folder) within the main downloaded zip file of ictfax 2.0 beta.
There are 3 subfolder in "ictfax" download. a) wwwroot b) plivo-devel c) ictpbx.
So find the ictpbx and then go through remaining steps.
Please feel free to contact for any further issue.

anonym wrote:Hi

Ok so I have got almost right through the installation and im now stuck on this part:

========================
4: ICT FAX Installation
=======================
falak
Site Admin

Postby falak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 am

If you can locate the "ictpbx" folder. Copy it and move it to /usr/ictfax/sites/all/modules.
Now you can go to next step of installation that is:

4. Now comeback to Web GUI and go to Modules menu and enable all modules in "ICTPBX System" Package.

I think this instruction is missing from the current documentation. I hope this will resolve the issue.
Please feel free to contact for any further issue.
falak
Site Admin

Postby falak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 am

Have you enabled all the ictpbx modules from web GUI? If not then login as admin and go to admin/modules and enable modules.
If the modules are enabled then you should see Fax Account Account and Settings menu item in the navigation menu. When you log in to the system as admin, you may see contact and ICTPBX System menu items too.

Also enable mailhandler and feeds modules if you want to use email to fax and fax to email functionality.
falak
Site Admin

Postby falak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:30 am

:)
falak
Site Admin

Postby falak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 am

Goto Admin => Structure => Mailhander Mailboxes

Now here comes the important point. Whether you are using third party email service (gmail, yahoo) or trying to step your own mail server?
For Gmail:
E-mail address: your_email@gmail.com
Folder: INBOX
POP3 or IMAP Mailbox: IMAP
Mailbox domain: imap.gmail.com
Security: Require password
Port: 993
Extra commands: /ssl

For own mail server:
E-mail address: freeswitch (This must be is Linux user. Create a new user using the following command: useradd freeswitch)
Folder: /var/spool/mail/freeswitch (Linux will create a folder for new user. Verify if this folder is there)
POP3 or IMAP Mailbox: local mbox file
Mailbox domain: *** must be empty ***
Security: Require password (leave empty if you haven't set already)
falak
Site Admin

Postby falak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 am

Following are the steps to create fax content type:

You will have to create this content type from the admin interface.
1. Open ictfax web interface in the browser and Login as Admin
2. Then go to Admin => Structure => content type.
3. Click "Add content type".
4. Set its name as "fax" and leave other parameters as default if you don't know.
5. Click "Save and add fields" button at the bottom.
6. Now create 3 new fields for this content type. i.e. to, from and file.
a. LABEL = "to", NAME = "to" or any thing, FIELD = "Text"
b. LABEL = "from", NAME = "from" or any thing, FIELD = "Text"
c. LABEL = "file", NAME = "file" or any thing, FIELD = "File"

7. Save
8. Now to verify that you have done this step right. Go to Admin => Structure => Feeds Importer => Mailhandler nodes. Click Override and then in Processor field make sure Fax Processor is selected. Click Mapping in fax processor. Make sure that your to, from and file fields are correctly mapped to toaddress, fromaddress and attachments respectively.

I hope this will help. Please feel free to contact for any further issue.
thanks.

anonym wrote:I m now onto the final stages and just need some last bits of help....I'm now stuck on:

15. Create a content type "fax" with three additional fields "to" of type text, "from" of type text" and "file" of type file.
Go to Admin => Structure => Feeds Importer => Mailhandler nodes. Click Override and then in Processor field make sure Fax Processor is selected. Click Mapping in fax processor. Make sure that your to, from and file fields are correctly mapped to toaddress, fromaddress and attachments respectively.

I think this is the last step that I need to do and I have completed all the previous steps thanks to your help guys so really appreciate it - if you could just guide me through this last step it would be great :)
falak
Site Admin

Postby johnny2000 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 pm

When I enabled the mailhandler module I got this error message:
"PDOException: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'PHPMailer-class' for key 'PRIMARY': INSERT INTO {registry} (name, type, filename, module, weight) VALUES (:db_insert_placeholder_0, :db_insert_placeholder_1, :db_insert_placeholder_2, :db_insert_placeholder_3, :db_insert_placeholder_4), (:db_insert_placeholder_5, :db_insert_placeholder_6, :db_insert_placeholder_7, :db_insert_placeholder_8, :db_insert_placeholder_9); Array ( [:db_insert_placeholder_0] => PHPMailer [:db_insert_placeholder_1] => class [:db_insert_placeholder_2] => sites/all/libraries/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php [:db_insert_placeholder_3] => phpmailer [:db_insert_placeholder_4] => 0 [:db_insert_placeholder_5] => phpmailerException [:db_insert_placeholder_6] => class [:db_insert_placeholder_7] => sites/all/libraries/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php [:db_insert_placeholder_8] => phpmailer [:db_insert_placeholder_9] => 0 ) in _registry_parse_file() (line 179 of /usr/ictfax/includes/registry.inc)."
Am I missing anything on the database setup? Thank you.
johnny2000

Postby falak » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 am

I think you have already installed php-mailer either through Mailhandler or any other module that uses php-mailer. I think your Mailhandler module should work fine despite this error.

However, if you want to remove this error, then you should manually remove this entry from the database.
falak
Site Admin

Postby johnny2000 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Thank you.
johnny2000

Return to Installation