Need help at Step 12. goto administrator => mailhandler => A

Post queries and issues that you found during ictfax installation

Need help at Step 12. goto administrator => mailhandler => A

Postby msalaque » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 am

Dear All.

I am stack at Step 12: Need help

I set :

Administrative title fax@t.snfax.com [On left it says Machine name: freeswitch ]
Protocol : Local mbox file
Folder: /var/spool/mail/freeswitch
Domain: empty [Though auto fill with IP address ]
Port : Empty
Username : freeswitch
Password : xxxx [ i setup freeswitch Linux user password so set the same here ]
Extra commands : /notls [it was like that so I left it as it was ]

At the bottom Error msg says : Mailhandler could not access the mailbox using these settings

I tried to save :
Error msg :
Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream /var/spool/mail/freeswitch in MailhandlerPhpImapRetrieve->open_mailbox() (line 121 of /usr/ictfax/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/modules/mailhandler_php_imap/plugins/mailhandler/retrieve/MailhandlerPhpImapRetrieve.class.php).

My Setup details:
OS : CentOS release 6.4 (Final) Linux 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Jul 12 2013 20:35:47)

Thanks in advance
Salaque
msalaque

Re: Need help at Step 12. goto administrator => mailhandler

Postby falak » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 am

Try to do something like this in the centos shell.

Code: Select all
# chmod +t /var/spool/mail
# chmod a+r /var/spool/mail/freeswitch

After running the above commands, try checking test connection of mailhandler mailbox. Its not a permanent solution though. But can work well occasionally.
falak
Site Admin

Postby kemathy » Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Falak,

It's such a topic dig-out, but I'm encountering a quite same problem. Here is the error message I have :
Strict warning: Declaration of MailhandlerPhpImapRetrieve::retrieve() should be compatible with MailhandlerRetrieve::retrieve($mailbox, $limit = 0, $encoding = 'UTF-8', $filter_name = 'Mailhandle...') in require_once() (line 10 of /usr/ictfax/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/modules/mailhandler_php_imap/plugins/mailhandler/retrieve/MailhandlerPhpImapRetrieve.class.php).
Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream /var/spool/mail/freeswitch in MailhandlerPhpImapRetrieve->open_mailbox() (line 121 of /usr/ictfax/sites/all/modules/mailhandler/modules/mailhandler_php_imap/plugins/mailhandler/retrieve/MailhandlerPhpImapRetrieve.class.php).

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot,

Kevin
kemathy

Postby falak » Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 pm

It looks similar problem as posted above. And the recommended answer is the same also.
Also make sure that you didn't updated Mailhandler and Feeds module. If you did, then you need to revert back to old versions of these modules that are bundled with ictfax.
falak
Site Admin

Postby kemathy » Wed May 21, 2014 12:22 pm

I already tried the solution written above (giving reading rights to all users), but it's not much better...
Also, I don't have updated Mailhandler or Feeds modules, so it's a bit strange...

Do you have any other idea ?

Thanks

Kevin
kemathy

Postby falak » Wed May 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Mailhandler module is not actually developed by ICTFAX. ICTFAX is using Mailhandler for importing emails from an account and then sending them as fax. So It might be helpful if you go through some of the threads at drupal.org. For example, one of them that is similar to your problem is discussed at drupal.org in following thread.

https://drupal.org/node/1472470

I hope it will help.
falak
Site Admin

Return to Installation